CANCELED FOR 2020. The 75th annual Tahoe City Fireworks has been canceled to follow safety measures for large scale events in response to the Coronavirus pandemic. We had big plans to commemorate our diamond anniversary fireworks show and will make it even BIGGER and BETTER when we return in 2021.
As the 4th of July weekend approaches, we encourage all residents and visitors to celebrate responsibly. Please remember that fireworks are ALWAYS illegal in the Lake Tahoe Basin and a burn ban is in effect. Help us protect Tahoe from wildfire and don’t bring or use fireworks in our community.
4TH OF JULY SAFETY
- All fireworks are illegal; there is a ban on any use of personal fireworks at Lake Tahoe.
- Most fires are accidental and are due to careless disposal of hot embers, ash, or cigarettes; please do your part to help prevent forest fires.
- All campfires need a permit in approved areas only.
- Red Flag Days mean EXTREME FIRE DANGER.
- If you see smoke or fire, call 911 immediately.
- If you smoke, please use an ashtray to extinguish and do NOT throw cigarettes out car window.
- Unexpected fireworks set off without warning before, during, or after the 4th are a huge problem for military vets with PTSD who are often triggered by fireworks. Please respect our veterans and the ban on fireworks in Tahoe.
- More pets go missing around the 4th of July than any other time of year, and noisy fireworks are to blame. Keep your pets safe from the noise in a quiet, sheltered, and escape-proof area at home. Take these extra precautions over the holiday.
Remember the Dangers of Consumer Fireworks – check out this video
Getting outside is important for mental and physical health, but right now it comes with special safety issues. Visit Take Care Tahoe for some tips to stay healthy and safe.
Also, we encourage everyone to enjoy the refreshing drinking water here and to only Drink Tahoe Tap. The water in Lake Tahoe is of excellent quality, and treatment plants are designed to remove or inactivate microorganisms. Try it for yourself and you experience some of the best drinking water in the world. We urge you to kick the bottled water habit and drink from the tap.